Brian Dawkins Signs with Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

- Big_Time_Balla -

Reaction score
All season long Brian Dawkins said that he was hopeful that he'd work out a way to stay with the Eagles. Less than 24 hours into free agency, though, that looks like an impossibility. The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that Dawkins and the Broncos have agreed to terms on a contract that will be formally announced in Denver on Saturday.

Dawkins fills a huge hole for the Broncos. Their defense will be stocked with new, presumably young for the most part, faces. Dawkins gives them an experienced leader who can help the team forge a new defensive identity.

Dawkins has lost a step over the past couple of years, but he's still several steps ahead of the guys that the Broncos have been trotting out there for the last few seasons. He's still strong against the run, another Denver anomaly, and no one's going to throw anything at him that he hasn't seen 50 times before.

In a division with Darren Sproles, Darren McFadden and (for now) LaDainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson, the Broncos needed a serious upgrade to their run defense. Dawkins gives them one.

He may not be the last veteran run-stuffer coming to Denver either. There are reports linking Denver to Ray Lewis, whose presence would make Dawkins' tenure as defensive leader quite a short one. Mike Nolan, the new Broncos defensive coordinator, coached Lewis in Baltimore and is shifting the team to a 3-4 look.
Link

Good move for the Broncos, I've always liked him

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Woah. It'll be weird seeing him in a Broncos uni.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
That sucks, he's been one of my fav players not on Pats, and I hate seeing him on a team other than Eagles (almost as much as i'd hate seeing Ray Lewis not on Ravens)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Has anybody else seen this story on a major news outlet? I've looked all over the place & cannot find this story confirmed at all.

I just find it strange that they would sign Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Dawkins is by far my favorite Safety in the NFL, and I hate to see him depart from one of my favorite teams, but he will definately help out the Broncos on Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%