Breakout players in 2009?

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
who do you think might have some break out season's this year?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
no bias here, but I really think Michael Boley will have a great season on a terrific, top defense. He had so much potential 2 years ago that it's very hard to believe he WON'T rebound this year.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nate Washington, Tennesse Titans

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mike Jenkins on the Falcons could have a great year with Roddy White and now Tony Gonzalez eating up a lot of defenders.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ive got Desean Jackson this year. And I wouldnt be surprised if Matt Shaub has a breakout year as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson will have a pro-bowl season FTW.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Tavarias Jackson (if he starts)
Matt Schaub
Maurice Jones Drew (not really a break out, but his stats will really boost up)
Reggie Bush

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson(Pro-Bowl)
Lance Moore(with more playing time)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the Saints:

WR Lance Moore- most likely, last season was his breakout season. But this season, he will make a name for himself.

WR Robert Meachem- the Saints 1st rounder in 07. Has yet to recieve a chance, but this is the season.

CB Tracy Porter- was having a great rookie season before suffering season ending injury against the Vikes. Watch out for this kid, you will hear his name alot.

RB Pierre Thomas- my biggest candidate. This guy has "it". I know some have heard of him, but some haven't. He'll be a top 15 back in the NFL before 09 is over. Mark it.

RB Reggie Bush- ah, Reggie. Just stay healthy. That is all I can ask for. If he plays in 16 games, he is a star and all the bust talk goes away. Was on pace for over 2,700 yards and 20 TD's before his injury last season.

CB Jabari Greer- a stud. That is all that needs to be said.

SS Roman Harper- 2nd round pick from 06. Never been used right, that ends with GWilliams.

G's Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks- the best young duo of guards in the NFL.

WR Adrian Arrington- was having a great camp before going down last season. Was contending for a starting spot along side of Colston. Watch out for him.

DE Bobby McCray- he was born for a Gregg Williams defense.

DT Sedrick Ellis- a future super star. Will be a top 10 DT in the NFL.

kaeoz

Reaction score
Knowshon Moreno RB - Possibly Offensive Rookie of the year

Robert Ayers LB/DE - Possibly Defensive Rookie of the year.

and believe it or not, My sleeper..

Kyle Orton

Matt_a_91

Reaction score
joey gallaway should have a good season with Brady

i hope maroney stays injury free this year too but i doubt it lol

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
For the Saints:

WR Lance Moore- most likely, last season was his breakout season. But this season, he will make a name for himself.

WR Robert Meachem- the Saints 1st rounder in 07. Has yet to recieve a chance, but this is the season.

CB Tracy Porter- was having a great rookie season before suffering season ending injury against the Vikes. Watch out for this kid, you will hear his name alot.

RB Pierre Thomas- my biggest candidate. This guy has "it". I know some have heard of him, but some haven't. He'll be a top 15 back in the NFL before 09 is over. Mark it.

RB Reggie Bush- ah, Reggie. Just stay healthy. That is all I can ask for. If he plays in 16 games, he is a star and all the bust talk goes away. Was on pace for over 2,700 yards and 20 TD's before his injury last season.

CB Jabari Greer- a stud. That is all that needs to be said.

SS Roman Harper- 2nd round pick from 06. Never been used right, that ends with GWilliams.

G's Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks- the best young duo of guards in the NFL.

WR Adrian Arrington- was having a great camp before going down last season. Was contending for a starting spot along side of Colston. Watch out for him.

DE Bobby McCray- he was born for a Gregg Williams defense.

DT Sedrick Ellis- a future super star. Will be a top 10 DT in the NFL.
ya half the roster is gonna be a breakout eh :rolleyes:

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think James Jones on Green Bay can have a break-out year.

I agree with Matt Schaub and Reggie Bush.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ya half the roster is gonna be a breakout eh :rolleyes:
Just my thoughts on "breakout."

If you look at it:

Do you even know who Lance Moore is? Meach basically red shirted his entire rookie season. I KNOW you don't know who Tracy Porter is. Pierre Thomas is on the top of the list. Reggie Bush needs to stay healthy. Jabari Greer isn't a "name" but is a top 15 CB in the league. Harper will have his breakout season. Evans and Nicks are the best young OG combo in the NFL. Who's Arrington? The next Marques Colston. McCray, eh? Ellis is a manimal.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
lol i know all of them i think you underestimate me, im just sayin the whole <Censored>ing roster isnt gonna breakout and greer isnt top 15 imo, evans and nicks best younhg og combo....no. your too much of a saints fan to give anything to another team

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i know all of them i think you underestimate me, im just sayin the whole <Censored>ing roster isnt gonna breakout and greer isnt top 15 imo, evans and nicks best younhg og combo....no. your too much of a saints fan to give anything to another team
Nicks and Evans gave up 2.5 sacks combined in 16 games last season. Both are also great run blockers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%