Boston Interested in Moving Toronto's 1st?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Peter Chiarelli is not messing around this February.

With the Bruins in first place in the Northeast Division, the team is in position to make a deep playoff run, and the general manager is looking to add a piece to make that leap.

"I'd bet on it," Chiarelli said on WEEI's Dale and Holley Show, when asked if he'll be making a trade before the Feb. 28 deadline.
Chiarelli said that the team has flexibility with Marc Savard's salary no longer counting against the salary cap, and he also said that the team would consider trading the first-round pick they own from Toronto, which they got in the deal for Phil Kessel.

As it stands now, that pick would give the Bruins the fifth pick in the draft. Having already drafted Tyler Seguin second overall last year with another Toronto first-round pick could make dealing this year's pick more palatable for Chiarelli.
http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/peter-chiarelli-plans-on-making-trade-will-consider-dealing-first-round-pick-from-toronto.html

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a bad move by Chiarelli. Toronto has a chance to move out of the bottom five, and with the weak draft the pick is nothing special.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will only allow this if it's for Yandle lol

Seriously, as long as it isn't in a stupid deal, I don't really care. Though I'd love to see Landeskog play on the Bruins.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
I don't care what happens to the pick as long as it's not used to draft Huberdeau.

H-MYK

Reaction score
Interesting idea for Boston, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Leafs would move out of the bottom 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%