Bosh says O’Neal cheated in his 45-point night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From yahoo sports
PHOENIX (AP)—Toronto’s Chris Bosh had an explanation for how Shaquille O’Neal scored 45 points: He cheated.

“He was just camping down in the lane,” Bosh said Friday night, after O’Neal’s biggest scoring night in six years led Phoenix to a 133-113 victory over the Raptors. “I mean, if they’re not calling three seconds—I thought it was a rule, but I guess not.”

It was the 49th 40-point game of O’Neal’s career and his highest-scoring game since he got 48 for the Los Angeles Lakers against Boston on March 21, 2003.

“It was cool,” O’Neal said. “Guys were really looking for me. I’ve been saying all year if I can get those touches like that, I think I can do that every night.”

A week shy of his 37th birthday, Shaq made 20 of 25 shots and grabbed 11 rebounds.

“He’s just so strong and pushes guys right under the basket and gets inside,” Toronto coach Jay Triano said. “We have no match for him.”

O’Neal still insists no one can guard him one on one.

“I’m the only player,” he said, “who looks at each and every center and says to myself, ‘That’s barbecued chicken down there.”’

Louis Amundson scored a career-high 20 as the Suns outscored the Raptors in the paint 90-36. Matt Barnes added 18 points. Grant Hill had 14 points and 12 assists, just two shy of his career high set 11 years ago for the Suns, who were without Steve Nash for the second straight game with a sprained right ankle.

Former Suns star Shawn Marion led Toronto with 27 points and 11 rebounds. Andrea Bargnani added 21 points and Bosh 19.

O’Neal, who also had 11 rebounds, sealed the victory by scoring all the Suns’ points in a 10-2 run that gave Phoenix a 120-102 lead with 5 minutes to play. He left the game to a thunderous ovation with just under 2 minutes remaining.

There were 10 lead changes in the third quarter, with the Suns up 96-90 entering the fourth.

“We were right there, man. I don’t know what happened,” said Marion, who drew a big cheer when he was introduced before the game. “We just hit the tank or something, and everything just sort of went the other way. It’s frustrating because I think the fight in us just went out the window.”

The Suns are 5-2 since Alvin Gentry took over as coach. The victories have come over the Los Angeles Clippers (twice), Oklahoma City, Charlotte and Toronto. The losses came in blowouts against Boston and the Lakers.

“I’m not really impressed winning against teams we’re supposed to beat,” O’Neal said. “We’ve got to step up against the upper-echelon teams.”
I love Bosh, but I don't think is the the smartest thing to be saying

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the title is very accurate...O'Neal wasn't cheating...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, isn't this how Shaq scores in every game?

vikesfan

Reaction score
I'd camp my butt in the paint too, if the refs weren't going to call anything

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the title is very accurate...O'Neal wasn't cheating...
I think Yahoo! worded it the same way.

I dont think much can be made about this though, Shaq has always played one way, and just because the Raptors dont have a body with enough "girth" to even matchup against O'Neal, doesnt mean he was cheating.

Shaq camps all the time, Bosh knows it, Im sure he was just speaking out of anger after the lost.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Maybe Bosh does have a point, he isnt usually outspoken about things like this. He didnt complain when Kobe dropped 81 on his team remember? And that was of the greatest individual games of all-time.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Theres a difference b/t Kobe's 81 and Shaq's 45

What would he have complained about Kobe's 81? "Its not fair we dont have any perimeter defenders good enough to at least slow Kobe down and keep him at 50"

Shaq has played the same way all his career, camp in the paint, keep one foot in, one out. And use his pure power to score.

You cant change how you call a game if youve called it the same way for a players entire career.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should be lucky Shaq didnt eat him for saying this...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bosh is right > _>

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oh well, it happened, and they lost, it`s not really like either team will make the playoffs. Suns have a shot, but i`m leaning more toward the missing side than making it.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
yea your not gonna tell me if Refs arnt calling it your not gonna sit under the hoop and either way
Toronto doesn't have any to guard him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%