Blues add Langenbrunner and Arnott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
The St. Louis Blues have reportedly signed unrestricted free agents Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott to one-year contracts.

Both players began the 2010-11 season as teammates for the New Jersey Devils before being traded. According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, terms of each deal were not revealed.

Langenbrunner recorded 9 goals and 32 points in 70 games with the Dallas Stars and Devils last season -- he had 5 goals and 18 points in 39 games for the Stars. The former Devils captain was traded by New Jersey on Jan. 7 for a conditional 2011 third-round pick, which turned into center Blake Coleman.

If Dallas had re-signed Langenbrunner before this year's Entry Draft, the Devils would have been entitled to a 2011 second-round selection as compensation. If he signed with Dallas after the draft, New Jersey would have received a 2012 second-round pick and the Stars would have gotten the Devils' 2012 third-round choice.

Arnott, who was traded by the Devils to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Dave Steckel on Feb. 28, had 17 goals and 31 points in 73 games during the 2010-11 campaign. He had 4 goals and 7 points in 11 regular-season games with the Capitals and chipped in 6 points in nine playoff games.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like both the pickups for the Blues. I kinda wanted the B's to go after Langenbrunner

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
I know Langenbrunner had a crappy season, but still a really nice pick-up for the blues, or any team for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%