Blazers Will Trade Rodriguez To Knicks On Draft Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hard to really assess considering Rogriguez is only a 3 and 3 guy

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For who? A S&T for Nate, damn he's not worth a whole lot lol.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe he could flourish. He sort of left to early. But the NY fans will love this guy. His game has a lot of flash. Really reminiscent of a young Jason Williams. If i recall right that's how he got his nickname spanish chocolate.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dont know how Ill feel about the trade until I know what we're giving up.

But we needed a backup PG, and the way alot of people talke about Sergio, he could come in and take Duhon's spot since he's better suited for the up and down type of game.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read on another site that he already agreed to a 3 year extension with the Knicks, and that this may be part of a bigger trade, or New York used their trade execption to get Sergio.

Either way, Sergio wasn't happy in Portland and he's working on defense and shooting in Spain.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he's the type of player people say he is, then I like this move. I know Portland is a halfcourt team and his game is more the fast paced offense, I havent seen much of him other then the few games Portland had on national TV and he didnt really stand out. But It will be interesting to see what we do now.

If D'Antoni thinks this is his guy at point guard then Im wondering will that change what we "planned" to do in the draft, we might start looking at more SG's, Im sure Curry is still a candidate, but I would love to see Reke in NY.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For a second I thought it was Fernandez and I was going to cry (literally), but Sergio has not been much...so hopefully they get anything in return.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez, youtube him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really know if this changes much for the Knicks draft plan, Sergio is a back up and they want all the cap space in the world so Nate is probably on his way out.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watched a few videos of him, I dont really like usinf youtube to evaluate a player since most of the videos are just highlights, but he seems kind of sporadic, but he understand the game, understands spots on the floor and seems to have a pretty high basketball IQ

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watched a few videos of him, I dont really like usinf youtube to evaluate a player since most of the videos are just highlights, but he seems kind of sporadic, but he understand the game, understands spots on the floor and seems to have a pretty high basketball IQ
I guess when you're playing 12 minutes per game, you don't really have the chance to be anything but sporadic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%