Blake is going Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oklahoma sophomore Blake Griffin will leave the school early in order to enter the NBA Draft, according to the Associated Press.

Griffin and Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel were scheduled to hold a news conference Tuesday afternoon to make the announcement.

He averaged 22.7 points and 14.4 rebounds this season.

Via ESPN

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I was just thinking, " What if Blake doesn't declare, Damn that would be one sorry draft". Good News I guess.

stavi

Reaction score
yea not many "star" players in the draft this year..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meh finally.
get ready for some disappointment for whoever drafts him
he's not gonna be a "beast" in the NBA. not without some post moves and for only being like 6-7/6'8

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi got damn do you watch the games. This kid has a legitimate post game is about 6'9 without shoes. He's taller than beasley who's about 6'7/6'8 range, Kid will be real nice in the league.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meh finally.
get ready for some disappointment for whoever drafts him
he's not gonna be a "beast" in the NBA. not without some post moves and for only being like 6-7/6'8

that's the same thing they said about Barkley coming out of Auburn and look what he did as a PF...

just depends on if he wants it bad enough is all

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's the next Shawn Kemp.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
New Arizona coach Sean Miller will be without the Wildcats' most versatile player in 2009-10, because swingman Chase Budinger will officially enter the NBA draft this week -- and he'll stay there.

In a statement obtained by SportingNews.com, Budinger said, "I am so thankful for the fans and alumni at Arizona that have been so supportive of me throughout my time in Tucson. I'd like to express my appreciation to my coaches and teammates for their support in one of the most important decisions I've ever made. I will not be returning to Arizona and I will be entering the 2009 NBA draft."
OMG Chase "Athletic White Boy" Budinger Declared for the draft also!

That's probaly my 2nd favorite player in this whole draft behind Jack McGlinton

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good move by Chase, it's a weak draft so he'll go way higher than normally.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
(Wayne) Ellington isn't sure whether he'll go back to North Carolina for his senior season and try to do it again. Hansbrough, a four-time All-American, is a senior and won't be back. Neither will starting forward Green, another senior. Lawson, a junior, also is expected to enter the NBA draft.

So Ellington isn't sure whether he'll come back and help the Tar Heels win it again.

"We haven't thought about anything yet," Ellington said. "We're just enjoying the crap out of this."
Wayne isn't sure on whether to declare or not personally, i'd declare since it's a weak draft and you can get take earlier and get some more $$$.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's the same thing they said about Barkley coming out of Auburn and look what he did as a PF...

just depends on if he wants it bad enough is all
yeah your right
i hope so because I like Blake.
but i'm still iffy on him. he reminds so much of Kenyon Martin in so many ways. the way they play, no. 1 pick in a weak draft. he can maybe be an all-star, but i dont think he's gonna be a franchise player

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the comparison of Kenyon, but I think Blakehas more to his game though, well can devlop more to his game.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
DeJaun Blair and James Harden declared also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%