Benched Marbury to work out with Lincoln HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WASHINGTON -- Knicks guard Stephon Marbury backed off Friday on a plan to practice with his old high school team while he's not getting playing time with New York.

[+] Enlarge
Stephon Marbury

AP Photo/Stephen Chernin

Hanging by his threads? At this point, inactive Knick Stephon Marbury would be happy getting practice time at Brooklyn's Abraham Lincoln High.

Marbury had expressed interest Thursday in practicing with his alma mater, Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, to stay in shape while he's stuck on the bench for the Knicks.

"I'm not going to do it," Marbury said Friday. "I spoke to the Players' Association and they said it wouldn't be a good idea."

Although Marbury dressed for the team's Friday morning shootaround, the guard hasn't appeared in any games this season and isn't expected to play against the Washington Wizards on Friday night.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni hadn't heard of Marbury's plan when asked about it before the shootaround, but had no problem with the idea.

"I think the main thing is he wants to stay ready," D'Antoni said. "And in this day and age I think that's commendable."

Marbury said he felt practicing with his old high school team would help him stay in shape, as well as help the young players. He may still go and watch the school practice.

"It would be a lot of fun just to be there and talking with them about the game," he said.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
What the are doing to Marbury is so wrong...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because he's black?

He's being paid 21 million dollars to watch 82 basketball games.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Too bad nobody brought race in it. Could you imagine lance and stephon going at it at lincoln.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats something sick to think of.
Tiny be glad to see steph helping though.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Because he's black?

He's being paid 21 million dollars to watch 82 basketball games.
No, I aint say anything about him being black >_>, it's just dumb, you pay someone 21M, and he can't play, you won't release him...Why?, you won't trade Him Why?
They guy, even asked help from the NBAPA

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isnt going to happen, Marbury already announced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%