Ben Gordon Open To Knicks' Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Chicago guard Ben Gordon isn't upset at the possibility of being traded to his hometown New York Knicks, according to The Daily Progress.

He understands that if the Bulls opt to take Derrick Rose with the first overall pick in next Thursday's draft that General Manager John Paxson will likely have to trade one of the team's current guards.

There has already been speculation that Gordon could be the one shipped out of Chicago, with the Knicks as a possible destination.

"Honestly, in the NBA, all things are a possibility," Gordon said. "Would playing for New York be something interesting? I think if you ask any kid if [they want to play in their hometown], anybody would like that. It’s your hometown."

However, Gordon knows that he's still playing for the Bulls.

"Right now I’m a Chicago Bull. I love playing for the Bulls, but I don’t know what’s going to happen around draft time. Crazy stuff can happen."

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm....

Dont really know how i'd feel about it, really depends on who we trade for him. If its Randolph, I'd agree to it in a heartbeat, other then Q-Rich, we dont have any pure shooters, and Richardson has fallen far from his "dead-eye" days. Having Crawford means we he'd probably be our sixth man and thats obviously the best spot for him.

As long its Randolph for Gordon and thats the main deal, without our pick, i'd love it. But the hold up is the contracts...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really see why everyone wants to run over to New York, there team is still a mess.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A mess?, yes, but not for to much longer...

They obviously wanna play because of the history, we're easliy one of the top 5 NBA franchises of all-time. Plus, its NY, who wouldnt wanna play in the greatest city in the world?

To be apart of the Knicks comeback is something that they would be loved by Knicks fans forever, I see the logic behind it....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I know they won't be for long. But still as of right now...they are.

And yea, being apart of their comeback would be sweet, it would be amazing if they could do a huge turn around, kinda like the Celtics, but it will take more than 1 season to have them do that.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No doubt its going to be a process, mainly because of our CAP situation, but we've always had the pieces to be a good team, we have as much talent as just about any other team in the East. The thing is we dont play smart/team basketball. We dont have a leader at the PG spot.

By 2010 we should be back to being contenders in the East, by then we'll be under the CAP and have money to try to lure LeBron, Wade, or Bosh.

Honestly I think we can pull out 40-42 wins this upcoming season, and of we can thats even more leverage come 2010. The players see the potential in our team, and they wanna jump the bandwagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%