Ben Gordon: "I have played my last game with the Bulls"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Gordon took a step towards closure with the Chicago Bulls over failed negotiations on Friday when he told Chris Broussard from ESPN the Magazine that he has played his last game representing the Windy City.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon's agent, Raymond Brothers, said he has been speaking to other teams about sign and trade possibilities, while Europe also remains an option for the Bulls' leading scorer. Gordon said he will not accept the team's qualifying offer worth $6.4 million for one season, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent in 2009-2010.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's very likely."
LINK

Gordon is a good player, but he's expecting too much money for a guy who's just a scorer. On top of that, he isnt even a consistent starter.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All Im hoping is that he stays in the US. I'd like to see where he goes actually.

R6Vox

Reaction score
Ben Gordon's agents are morons.....

They have him convinced that he's worth 13 million a season and he's not going to get that kind of pay anywhere in the NBA or overseas.

Just because you've been the leading scorer for 3 years (with a measley 19 points a game) doesn't mean you're worth that much. He's undersized, he can't play defense and he can't pass.

Now he's demanding a sign and trade?

The Bulls are going to end up in the lottery again because all they're going to get is draft picks for this man.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea, I wanna see where he goes

pacdiv

Reaction score
Are season's down the toilet with him gone and Hughes getting more min. but Sefolosha getting more so that's good. Hope we can get DeRozen or Griffin or a top 3 talent. Not confident this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd welcome him with open arms in Cleveland if all it cost was an expiring and a pick, but most likely it will cost more. And I don't think the Bulls would mind trading in division since they did already in the big 3 team trade but this is different since Gordon is a good scorer instead of an old Ben Wallace.

Other then the Cavs I could see interest from the 76ers since they need a shooter, but I don't know there SG situation. Possibly the Spurs, they have been looking for some extra scoring.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
He's a good player, but definitely not worth $13 mill or however much he wants. Trade the bastard...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesnt leave the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%