Bass to Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From nba.com
The Orlando Magic are trying to keep up in the arms race in the competitive Eastern Conference, agreeing to terms on Friday with free agent forward Brandon Bass on a four-year deal believed to be worth $18 million.

The 23-year-old Bass was one of the most coveted big men in this year's free agency class, having been a valuable role player off the bench for the Mavericks the past two seasons. He played in 81 games for Dallas last year, averaging 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 19 minutes a night. The Mavericks tried to keep him, but Dallas' commitment to Magic free agent center Marcin Gortat to an offer sheet made money scarce. New Orleans, Bass's first team, and Cleveland also were working to sign him.

With Hedo Turkoglu gone to Toronto, there may be an opportunity for a starting job at power forward in Orlando for Bass, with the Magic moving Rashard Lewis back to his normal small forward position. But even if he doesn't start, Bass will provide toughness and size for an Orlando team that now has to contend with Shaquille O'Neal and re-signed forward Anderson Varejao in Cleveland and the return of Kevin Garnett and newly signed Rasheed Wallace in Boston.

The Cavaliers made a last-minute push on Bass, according to a source, but didn't have a way to get him the money he'll get in Orlando. Cleveland has come to terms with free agent guard Anthony Parker and will probably use its mid-level exception on him, leaving only the biannual and veteran minimums for other players.

Bass's contract has an out clause after three seasons.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wonder where Dumars turns now <_<

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Damn it. Now we have to turn to like, I don't even know who is left lol.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Been nice to have Bass for the past 2 years....really developed into a nice player with us...wish him luck in Orlando.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Actually with Bass to Orlando and Dyess to San Antonio, that leave us able to sign Davis, who I hate, but we could probably use.

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
Antonio Davis? lol oh nvm forgot about Big Baby.

Great signing for Orlando, maybe they'll start him at PF and Lewis at SF?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
damn it I really liked Bass' inside prescence and his powerful dunks. Im gonna miss him and I wish him luck with the Magic.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Antonio Davis? lol oh nvm forgot about Big Baby.

Great signing for Orlando, maybe they'll start him at PF and Lewis at SF?
I don't think there's a chance of that, he was signed to be the first big man off the bench.

But at the same time, the Magic might look to change up their system a little bit, even though it's worked the past 2 seasons. We'll see.

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
he would fit in real good with the magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%