Bass/Stackhouse for Artest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From hoopshype.com
The Dallas Mavericks acted quickly this summer, signing a number of free agents including DeSagana Diop, Antoine Wright, Jose Barea, Keith McLeod, Gerald Green and James Singleton. Not all of the deals are guaranteed but the Mavericks already have a 14-man roster.

Always looking to improve, Dallas has reportedly throwing their hat into the Ron Artest chase. According to HOOPSWORLD's Bill Ingram and verified by Sam Amick of the Sacramento Bee, the Mavericks are apparently offering Brandon Bass and the expiring contract of Jerry Stackhouse for Artest.

The Sacramento Kings are in a difficult position in that they don't want to have a disgruntled Artest in training camp - but the more he publicly demands a trade, the more challenging it could be for the Kings to get fair value.

Bass is a promising young big man (in a 6'8" body) but far from an All-Star. At the deadline the Denver Nuggets considered sending Linas Kleiza but never pulled the trigger on a deal.

Artest's market value appears to be that of an unproven but talented player with positive upside.

The Kings would probably like Josh Howard from Dallas but as the Los Angeles Lakers are reluctant to part with Lamar Odom, Artest's "difficult" personality will probably prevent Sacramento from landing such well established players.
I can dream can't I.........

Imagine Dampier-Dirk-Artest-JH5-Kidd

Again it's a dream.... I know we'd have to include JH5 probably

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK who is more stupid, the Mavs to offer that or the Kings answering the phone to the Mavs. :p

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
If this goes through, the Kings are really stupid. And Maple, don't forget Jason Terry will be coming off the bench.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knowing the Kings, they'll do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%