Barkley Calls Sonics Move A 'Travesty'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Charles Barkley feels bad for both the Sonics, and their fans, for having to move their operations to Oklahoma City, according to The Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

"The NBA doesn't need to expand," Barkley said of the possibilty of Seattle getting another team down the road. "If they get a team, it will be somebody else's team. It's a travesty the way it went down."

He went on to be candid about who's to blame for moves such as this.

"They always talk about the players being greedy; the owners are the greedy ones. It's really sad for me. They had the best fans. You were intimidated at that place when you went in there, and it's a great city, too," Barkley added.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barkley is a moron IMO, his opinion isn't very validated to me.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate Barkeley too but I actually agree with him on this one. Clay Bennet is a ****ing *******!!!!!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Sonics were 2 from last in the league on average home game attendance. History or not I don't see how the move was that bad.

Pistons led the NBA ;]

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Sonics were 2 from last in the league on average home game attendance. History or not I don't see how the move was that bad.

Pistons led the NBA ;]
well obviously when they know their team is moving there wont be as much interest, plus they sucked. seriously see no way that okc ever becomes a successful franchise ever. it's such a small market that no marquee free agent is ever going to want to go there, it's in the middle of nowhere, they'll never be able to consistently make money, and honestly their owners don't seem like the brightest bunch. the seattle job was just plain awful with their obvious desire to leave the city, stupid comments about their intentions, and the dismantling a very talented and capable team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the year before they were 4 away from last in attendance.

Both places are in the middle of no where. Oklahoma deserved a team the way they treated the Hornets. It will work out.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe and hopefully the Sonics will come alive again. Like the Cleveland Browns.

An expansion franchise named the Seattle Supersonics =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%