Bank of Cuban open for business this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the DMN
Brace yourself for hundreds of trade rumors involving the Mavericks this summer.

Bet on the Mavs making at least one blockbuster deal.

The Great Free Agent Summer of 2010 is a backup plan at this point. Mark Cuban wants to strike now instead of letting another year of Dirk's prime go by without the supporting cast he needs to make the Mavs legit contenders. The likelihood of convincing Jason Kidd to return also increase significantly if the Mavs can make a major deal early on this summer.

The Mavs, according to Cuban, will be aggressive and opportunistic this summer. He has three significant expiring contracts to dangle: Josh Howard (team option for 2010-11), Erick Dampier (2010-11 not guaranteed) and Jerry Stackhouse, whose an especially valuable trade chip in these economic times because his $7 million salary can be bought out for $2 million.

Cuban has made it clear that he's willing to take back significant salaries in a trade that makes the Mavs much better. That makes the Mavs unique in this summer's trade market.

"Would I do it for a marginal player? No," Cuban said the other day. "Would I do it for a young perennial All-Star? Sure I would."

The Chris Bosh rumors have already started. The Raptors want to try to sign the Dallas native to a contract extension, but if that doesn't happen, he'll be on the block. And he'll have plenty of company in a climate where cost cutting is the off-season priority for many teams -- and the Mavs plan to take advantage of it.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
honestly, Mavs don't need Bosh with Dirk. they need a SG to alleviate double-teams

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Bosh on the Mavs wouldn't help them much.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bosh and Dirk = PHAIL, just like a Bosh and Boozer combo(like Rips wants :p )

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with Jarrod, when Charles Barkley hit it right on the head, Dirk needs a bruiser next to him since he's more of a finesse player and Bosh and Dirk would provide points w/o a doubt, but they wont bang for rebounds as much as you'd want, and will be overpowered by bigger more physical players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%