Baby Shaq will play this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jul 11, 2008 4:14 AM EST
The Toronto Raptors have not wasted any time, signing second round pick Nathan Jawai to a two year guaranteed contract only 24 hours after the trade with the Indiana Pacers went through, according to the official Australian Basketball League website.

Jawai was part of the Jermaine O'Neal trade and becomes the first Australian indigenous player to make it to the NBA.

"We have agreed to terms with the Toronto Raptors on a guaranteed two-year deal, which is rare for a second round pick and certainly displays the promise they see in Nathan,” Jawai's agent Daniel Moldovan said Wednesday.

"We are thrilled that Nathan has gone to such a first class organisation and that he will be playing behind two of the true superstars of the NBA in Jermaine O'Neal and Chris Bosh. The Raptors are shaping up to be a truly formidable team."
wonder what he'll be like

.loggie

Reaction score
i pray that hes not a bust. if chuck was still around, every time jawai would enter the game hed say "Nathan Jawai is a fan favourite".

bulls12

Reaction score
Now I know snowy will love this story lol.

I hope Jawai turns into a beast in the league.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he'll probably be our backup C if we don't sign another player capable of playing center through Free Agency

bulls12

Reaction score
The Raptors have made impressive moves in the offseason so far regarding their big man situation. Now Bosh has a lot of pressure taken off him and I think he'll have a better season next year.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So pumped. I know who Snowy's first pick is in 2008 sim league draft.

Balzary

Reaction score
Jermaine O'Neal, Kris Humphries (when he's on his game), Chris Bosh, Nathan Jawai, and to some extent, Andrea Bargnani. Solid frontcourt for the Raps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%