Aves acquire Fleischmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Washington Capitals have traded forward Tomas Fleischmann to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for veteran defenceman Scott Hannan.

Fleischmann, 26, has four goals and six assists in 23 games this season. Last year, he had offensive career-highs with 23 goals and 28 assists.

The Czech Republic-native had been the subject of trade rumours for several weeks. Some reports suggested that the Los Angeles Kings also had interest in Fleischmann.

Fleischmann started the season as Washington's number-two centre, but he has recently been a healthy scratch for Washington.

"In Tomas we are acquiring a top-six forward who is only 26 years old," said Avalanche GM Greg Sherman in a press release. "His addition will bolster our lineup immediately."

Hannan, 31, waived his no-trade clause in order to be dealt to the Capitals. A veteran of 11 NHL seasons, Hannan will be joining his third club after playing with the Avalanche and the San Jose Sharks.

The native of Richmond, B.C. has six assists in 23 games this season.

Capitals general manager George McPhee has been in the market for a shut-down defenceman for some time. Hannan's experience is expected to provide more consistency to Washington's blueline, as the Capitals have been mostly playing the duo of Karl Alzner and John Carlson against opponents' top lines.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=343513

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So so deal for both sides. Hannan is what the shut down D that the Caps need but at the same time the Avs really aren't that great at the back end. Fleischmann has had a slow start this year but he's a decent scorer with some updside.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish the Bruins could have got Fleishmann...him and Krejci were good together during the Olympics.

Back on topic, I actually like this trade for the Avs.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
This is a good trade for both of them ! Just a question i didnt see caps rosters in the last few games whos took fleischman spot on the team ? is it perrault ? anyway good trade for both of them ! I think that caps D gets much better like this and Avs making good trades lately O'Bryan could be has good as hannan of d-side so adding a foward is a pretty good move ! Lets see how to club plays now .

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I like this trade for both teams, but more so for the Aves. When Fleischmann gets going, he can produce.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a good trade for both of them ! Just a question i didnt see caps rosters in the last few games whos took fleischman spot on the team ? is it perrault ? anyway good trade for both of them ! I think that caps D gets much better like this and Avs making good trades lately O'Bryan could be has good as hannan of d-side so adding a foward is a pretty good move ! Lets see how to club plays now .
English please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%