Avalanche sign Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peter Forsberg returning to NHL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peter Forsberg has signed a contract for the rest of the season and will resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche.

Forsberg, a former league MVP, has been practicing with the team for two weeks and said he feels good enough to come back to the NHL after a three-year hiatus. He said he decided before Sunday morning's practice if nothing went wrong he would seek a contract.

That came later Sunday, as the Avalanche announced Forsberg had signed and was expected be available to play during the team's upcoming road trip.

"We're proud to announce that Peter will be back in an Avalanche sweater," team general manager Greg Sherman said in announcing the signing. "He will provide additional leadership to our club and he will have an impact with this young team."

Forsberg has played in 13 NHL seasons, 11 with the Avalanche organization and has won two Stanley Cup titles, both with Colorado.

-ESPN
Dollars to donuts....he doesn't make it to the end of the regular season.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm thinking the same thing...but why not, might as well add him to the team.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Avs need an offensive spark but I'm not sure an old Forsberg with one bad wheel is the answer. I also read that they're not even sure if he'll actually make it into a game...but they had to sign him by today, in order for him to be able to continue skating with the team and continuing his training. We'll see...

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah gotta agree with you guys, can't see him doing anything if he even plays.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're gonna get him some ice time. No doubt. It's Forsberg, they'd be stupid not to haha

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're gonna get him some ice time. No doubt. It's Forsberg, they'd be stupid not to haha
Of course they would get him ice time, IF the foot holds up...which I don't think it will, hence this conversation.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Definitely don't see him lasting to the end of the season, but knew when the rumors came up, that the Avs would sign him.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
This didn't last long. I expected it to last a little longer than just two games. Guess he just wanted to try and see if he could, and realized he couldn't and there'd be no point to continue. Not like he didn't accomplish anything in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%