Artest to the Lakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With a payroll of approximately $70 million that is nearing the league's luxury tax threshold of $71.15 million, the Kings officially ended their free-agent shopping. The last potential order of business is the future of Ron Artest, the small forward who certainly could be traded before training camp.

According to a league source, the Lakers already have contacted the Kings regarding Artest and are believed to be offering forward Lamar Odom. As of Tuesday evening, the Kings had not returned the call. They are expected to insist on forward Kenny Thomas and his $18 million of remaining salary (over two seasons) being included in that potential trade. Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie declined comment on whether the Lakers had called.

"Right now, (Artest is) just a terrific player to have on your roster," Petrie said. "I don't really have any speculation one way or another (about his future). We'll see what other things – not specific to Ron – but if there's some other way we can improve the team or change the team, we'll take a look at it."
I like it.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
they'll finally get somebody that can play defense.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it could work

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is appearing more and more imminent
Kobe/Artest/Pau/Bynum :eek:
HAVE MERCY!

TheKing99

Reaction score
You Laker fans aren't too fond of Odom? Sheeshh, I'd love to have an offensive player like that to help Lebron.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
F*ck Odom to the fullest extent. He has all the talent in the world but refuses to use it, enough of his scared shook up ass. No consistency whatsoever, he always disappears in the biggest games, he could start off hot but once one foul call doesn't go his way he starts committing the dumbest offensive fouls ever, he doesn't even have the smarts, Idk how many times I saw him post-up James Posey and Posey just pulled the chair under him everytime yet he kept posting him up. WTF ODOM?! He doesn't have the aggressiveness or that killer mentality that a player with his skills should have. You cheer for him one game but right after you know that he's going to botch the next five. I hope this deal goes down and soon. The only thing Odom is really offering us now is his passing and rebounding. His rebounding is something the team doesn't even really need anymore provided that the two 7-footers on the front-line stay healthy.

Artest is a guaranteed scoring threat every night and provides what the Lakers really need, toughness, and, perimeter defense, he's strong enough to even guard PF's. Pull the trigger immediately.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Artest is the ideal SF for this team

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Artest, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum > Garnett, Allen, Pierce

Just my personal opinion

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Put it this way:

Fisher - 7/10
Kobe - 10/10
Artest - 9/10
Gasol - 8.5/10
Bynum - 8/10 (in terms of what he'll contribute as 4th option... 13/10)

Rondo - 7.5/10
Allen - 8.75/10
Pierce - 9.25/10
KG - 10/10
Perkins - 7.5/10

Celtics have slight advantage.

Just the way I look at it. It's nice to have a big 3 or 4, but you need a nice 5.

On any given night, Allen, Pierce or KG can score 35. Gasol this season had more than 30 points only 3 times. Artest twice.

The Lakers only have one dominate player, and lucky for them he's the 2nd most dominate in the league. But IMO, before you say they are better than the champs, you need to see what the rest contribute. Losing Odom means they'll lose almost 4 RPG. Kobe said it himself, the most important part of the game is cleaning up the glass.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see why they would want Artest, yea he brings good defense and is an OK scorer but he would destroy any and all team chemistry the Lakers have. Also the Lakers will be missing Odom as soon as they trade him. He does a lot of things and is a very good player, Laker fans just expect him to score astronomical numbers, and that's the problem, he's not that great of a scorer, but he will put up solid offensive numbers, he gets you 10 rebounds from the 3 guard spot, and is not that bad of a defender and has better handles then just about every SF other then LeBron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%