Ariza Is Ready To Take The Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
EL SEGUNDO -- The Lakers' bench players might as well have been in street clothes like inactivated teammates Trevor Ariza and Coby Karl, since they were mostly unproductive in the playoff win over the Jazz on Wednesday.

It's possible Ariza could shed his tailored suits soon in an effort to revamp the struggling bench.

Ariza, who hasn't played since January because of a broken right foot, looked comfortable running up and down the floor at the end of the Lakers' practice Thursday. He's ready to play if Jackson is ready to insert him in the lineup.

"I definitely feel like I can play, but it's not really my decision," Ariza said. "It's a good feeling. I just want to come in and play if I get a chance and see what happens."
Ariza proclaimed himself healthy but said he wasn't sure where his conditioning was and wouldn't really know until he played in a game.

"My foot feels fine," Ariza said. "I don't feel any pain."

Asked if Ariza would play today in Game 6 in Salt Lake, Jackson said, "probably not."

But Ariza could be back soon enough.

"He looked good," Jackson said. "He looked more comfortable than he did the other day - Tuesday - the last time he played. We're just going a day at a time with this. We hope he continues improving day by day."

Give me five: Ronny Turiaf practiced Thursday and jokingly told teammate Lamar Odom he had a nice practice. Both laughed since Odom and the rest of the Lakers starters didn't practice.

Turiaf told Odom to give him five, and with a group of reporters huddled around, Odom did five pushups. Odom said it was part of the team camaraderie but didn't reveal why he owed pushups.

"It's an inside joke," Odom said.

Vujacic bothered: Sasha Vujacic was whistled for a technical foul with 2:41left for something he said to Kyle Korver.

Vujacic, seemingly surprised by the call, appealed to the official, who just moved his hand to show him he called the foul for trash talking.

Vujacic was undoubtedly frustrated since he made just 1 of 11 shots and was 1 for 8 from 3-point range.

"I thought we played smart. This game was a lot more physical than the others, but we just remained calm," Vujacic said. "Unfortunately I got a technical, which was probably the worst thing I've done in my career. I apologize for that to my teammates for putting us in jeopardy, but we got the win, so I'm happy."

That L.A. feeling: Lamar Odom loves the feeling he gets before games at Staples Center these days.

"It's something the city of L.A. feels," Odom said. "When I walk out for the warmup layup line, the stands are completely full. We have that special feeling."

Not practicing: Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz didn't practice Thursday, either, although his teammates did. Kirilenko was dealing with a visa issue. Marc Fleisher, Kirilenko's agent, told The Associated Press that Kirilenko had to work out a travel visa for a family trip to France this summer and Thursday was the only day he could do it.

Kirilenko, who is a Russian citizen, had permission from the Jazz to miss practice.

Also: Jackson said he figured the Lakers would have to play 10points better than they did in Wednesday's 111-104 victory in order to win on the road tonight.
Great News

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tough to win in Utah this season... period

should be a good game, but probably will go 7 and to the Lakers at home

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it will go 7. But i'm wondering how long Ariza will be back, seems like he is always getting hurt.

thilianwij

Reaction score
finally somebody recovered from an injury! i wish ariza was not injured tho... wouldve prolly won one of the games at utah cuz hes good

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha finally. I was hoping for a playoff posterization courtesy of him

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he'll be needed to help on CP3/Peja or Manu/Parker

thilianwij

Reaction score
lol XD ur sig .mexicool213

we'll need ariza next round, no matter who plays them. thankful he's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%