Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bump cos no one can see it.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
So Artest goes to LA, and Ariza comes to Houston. It`s like it was a trade or something, how it worked out like that, lol.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ariza should be pissed at his agent. Hopefully he continues to improve in houston.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, hopefully he improves.
I think he will. He's a work horse. He gives his all every single play. I'm definitely gonna miss him

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aint he terrible tho, now that hes out of LA?

Anyway, he got 5 years of the full MLE so he shouldn't be that mad.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not terrible.
Hopefully he lives up to the contract though.

Again, I think he will. I love Trevor

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who here said that Ariza's overrated just because he's not on the Lakers anymore? lmao I like Ariza, but he bolted for the money. That's what has Lakers fans pissed. If he didn't learn from Turiaf, or Posey that the money is not what's going to give you a chance at a championship then so be it because Artest obviously knows better.

Ariza's a young improving guy joining a young and improving team. Kb24 himself took a special liking to him during practices because his work ethic reminded him a bit of himself. Hopefully he keeps working at it in Houston.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He left because he felt he was being low balled by a team he thought was loyal to him. Instead they knew they could get Artest so they decided not offer him more then the MLE. If you got more money else where, and felt the team you were just on was un loyal to you, where would you go? To the place with more money.. Look at it in his situation, not as an LA fan.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of that. Business is business. If you could upgrade, why not?

It was either Odom or Ariza, and everyone knows that Odom's the more valuable player. Ariza got greedy and wanted more money, and we know that Odom wanted his too, so pretty much it boils down to the money game. Which pretty much sucks for the players as people, but the Lakers are already above the salary cap. Choose either or, Lakers were smart to take the upgrade at a cheaper price saving them some to be able to re-sign Odom.

Sorry Trevor, but you're just the odd man out in this equation. What has me though is that after winning he went on to say that he's a winner, and it wouldn't take much to keep him in LA. What happened to that?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it wouldn't take much to keep him in LA then...I'm sure them signing Artest pretty much changed that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He didn't get overpaid or underpayed, he should be fine.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it wouldn't take much to keep him in LA then...I'm sure them signing Artest pretty much changed that.
Oh please.

Before it was known Artest was going to LA, Ariza was being offered the same contract, and was still asking for more. He decided to play some games and court other teams so that it would up his price range. Obviously didn't work.

I don't get these athletes anyway. What's wrong with making 5 mil. a year to play the game you supposedly love? <Censored> man, if you make 1-2 mil. a year you should be set already. Once you get that first few million it must get to your head...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would take a contract of $200 a week for the last spot on the IR for the shitest team..

These players do let money go to their heads.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel you Pugz, just let me get on the practice squad lol

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good deal for both sides IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%