Are the Orlando Magic cooking up a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ORLANDO - Former Orlando Magic forward Trevor Ariza played only sparingly to start the season, but in the six games before he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers on Nov. 20 he saw an average of 15 minutes of playing time.

Keyon Dooling, who failed to get into Orlando's loss Wednesday night against New Jersey, was surprisingly moved into the starting lineup Friday night in place of Keith Bogans, who had started the previous 34 games.

Could a Magic team that has been strangely inconsistent for weeks be shopping Dooling, or even point guard Carlos Arroyo, who moved into the starting lineup four games ago?

Magic guard J.J. Redick, another player who could be used in a potential trade, is again out of Stan Van Gundy's rotation and has to be wondering if he'll ever get his shot in Orlando. Redick played extremely well at the end of November and the beginning of December, but he since has been pushed aside and has played just eight minutes in the past eight games.

"I could go into my feelings and frustrations, but I'm not going to whine or complain. Obviously I'd rather be playing," Redick said. "I thought I played well for a stretch, but I guess it comes down to matchups and who's on the floor for the other team as far as my understanding goes."

Redick said he has met twice with Van Gundy, but he has gotten little explanation about his chances of moving back into the rotation.

"We've had a couple of conversations, one at the beginning of December and one right after Christmas, and I don't know what to say at this point and time."

The Magic aren't allowed to comment on players on opposing teams, but they are keeping their eye on the availability of Golden State small forward Mickael Pietrus. Orlando made an attempt to nab Pietrus last summer when he was a restricted free agent. He has been buried on the bench all season behind Matt Barnes and Al Harrington. Golden State, meanwhile, is in the market for a point guard. Troy Hudson is out for the season, and Baron Davis' minutes have been increasing.

.loggie

Reaction score
LOL Rip. I wonder where Arroyo will land but I don't give a <Censored> about JJ.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read this today and thought of CC right away....

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh I don't care where any of them go ;)

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't want JJ to get traded, but if it's going to give him a better chance at suceeding in the NBA I'm all for it. If Arroyo gets traded, JJ would be in the rotation because he'd be the second guard. He's just in a tough situation because Nelson and Dooling are playing so well off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%