Another Surgery on Arenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas had an operation on his troublesome left knee and will be sidelined indefinitely, the team said Wednesday.

The 26-year-old, a three-times All-Star, had a "moderate amount of debris" moved during the arthroscopic procedure, team doctor Marc Connell said in a statement.

Arenas, who played in only 13 games last year due to problems with the knee, will begin rehabilitation immediately. The surgery was the third on the knee in less than two years.

The team gave no timetable for Arenas's return although the seven-year NBA guard told the Washington Post he expected to miss about a month of the regular season.

"He had worked extremely hard over the summer and we know how much he's looking forward to returning to help the team," said Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld.

"However, our team has proven its resiliency in dealing with injuries in the past and we're approaching the start of training camp with confidence that they will once again compete at a high level until Gilbert's return."

Arenas, who has a career 22.8 scoring average, signed a six-year $111 million contract in July.

Washington was 43-39 last season and lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Cleveland Cavaliers in six games. The Wizards open their training camp on September 27 and begin the regular season October 29 at home against New Jersey.

Damn, Man another one?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is why I don't think he should have gotten 110mil.. I just hope he can turn it around and be a allstar again, and I think he will. But untill then, this contract of his was stupid on Wiz front offices behalf.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another injury and I declare shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%