Amare: " Goggles from here on out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amaré Stoudemire, fresh off surgery to repair a detached retina, says that he plans to wear goggles for the remainder of his NBA career.

"I'm wearing goggles from here on out," Stoudemire said. "It's funny I talked to my trainer when I was about to put those Oakley goggles down. I said, 'What are the odds of me getting poked in the eye again if I didn't wear these goggles?' "

Stoudemire, who had been poked in the eye numerous times over the last year, could have actually lost some sight had he not acted on the injury when he did.

"When I got hit by Boris Diaw in training camp, I couldn't see at all for the first three minutes," Stoudemire said. "I was more afraid then. With the retina, you can't quite tell until someone sees it. I caught it at a great time to where I saved my eyesight, and I've got a chance to get back here 200 percent soon.

"As long as I've got eye protection, I should be OK. Still play aggressive, explosive and active. That shouldn't change anything."

Via Arizona Republic

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
They said he'd wear goggles in the beginning of this season and he didn't..Hmm I wonder how he'll perform with those things on..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've never used them before. But I doubt his production changes much with those on..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll be the Kareem style or Ben Wallace style lulz.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Ben Wallace goggles were epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%