AI to Bobcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From Yahoo Sports
It's a rumor we've heard all summer long, so take it with a celery salt-rimmed glass of vodka, clamato, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce, but Dime Magazine's Aron Phillips reports that Allen Iverson has reached an agreement with the Charlotte Bobcats and the deal will become official next week.

Generally speaking, the marriage makes sense. Charlotte would add a scorer to a team that was last in the NBA in scoring, as well as popular personality still capable of selling tickets and merchandise for the cash-strapped franchise. Moreover, Iverson would be reunited with ex-Sixers coach Larry Brown. Both men have showered each other with praise since their much-publicized divorce in Philadelphia years ago. Live, learn and love, I guess.

On Wednesday, the 34-year-old guard tweeted, rather mysteriously, "that we," whoever that is, "are getting close to a deal." He added: "I have been blessed to make plenty of money in this league. Now it's not about the money, its about [...] getting back on the court [and] playing every game like its my last! Stay tuned."

Yes, stay tuned, indeed.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im glad to see it, hope it happens, AI makes sense for Charlotte,Ill be attending more then just the games when the Knicks come to town now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%