AE Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hello to all SI faithful.

As some of you may remember, I headed into 2008 as a very active member with plenty of responsibility. From the Article Team Captain to running the NFL Forum, I spent countless hours a week posting articles and generating a ton of content. January 6th changed it all for me.

January 6th I was called back to Active Duty with my Reserve unit where we set up the US Army Regional Training Center-East, in Ft. Dix, New Jersey. We spent the first 2 months setting up this school from scratch, no easy task. From empty buildings, no supplies, and no designated training schedule, it was our job to pull it all together and build the best pre-mobilization training for our troops prior to them heading overseas.

We just wrapped up our first training cycle of troops. Our cycles run 21 straight days and we have 3-4 different iterations of troops beginning those 21 days, staggered, 1 day apart. Long story short, we have just finished a very long and vigorous 24 day work schedule. The days are long and we do not get too much time off. I haven't seen my family much this year but as I told Jarrod, it's nothing I haven't experienced before.

It is not easy for me at this time to spend the time I would like on SI. I hated to go AWOL like I have but at the same time, I had no idea how much work we were in for once we got this school rolling. My primary duty in this school is the head instructor for the Modern Army Combatives Program training. Our class is a full days worth of training on the Army's hand to hand combat program, which consists of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ground grappling, some wrestling, and a little bit of judo. The training is pretty basic for the troops but I myself have been through 3 levels of Instructor certification through the Army and have some real experience with Jiu-Jitsu, Shotokan Karate, Judo, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Kali, and Shan Shao.

As this first cycle came to a completion, we were finally handed some set days off. It appears that we will have a few days off every 11-12 days or so. Not the most ideal work schedule in the world, but it's the Army and the Army makes you work. I actually had more time off when I was in freaking Iraq a few years ago. Though I work in Ft. Dix, I live in the Lower Bucks County area, South of Philly. A nice 40 minute drive to work everyday but hopefully I can catch a few Phillies games this season. I can't get the YES Network on Comcast Phila...a major blow to my year already. Looks like MLB TV it will be.

Keep in mind that I do miss the interaction here, I would give anything to have the time that I had in 2007 to participate but for now, all I can do is observe here and there. Should I find some time to post amidst this crazy schedule of mine, I will. For now I wish all of you the best of luck, I hope all is well you and yours...and if any of you see me online or on AIM...give me a shout.

I am taking up some of my free time training for Grappler's Quest, a grappling competition on June 28th in Morristown, NJ. I will keep you guys posted on how that goes. Below is a photo taken of my team from our first Combatives class given on March 2nd. I am the tall guy. If anyone else is interested in the Modern Army Combative Program and how hardcore it is, check out: moderncombatives.org -AE

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Nice to hear another update from you AE, hope when you do fully comeback to SI that you are back to your same active self.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn AE sounds rough. Glad to see you stopping in though. Nice to have your presence here. I wish you the best of luck.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you man, I hope everything works out and everything and I wish you the best. Cant wait to see you around SI regularly again.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Glad you came through and updated us on your status AE, I wish you the best of luck out there man and Lets go Yankees wooooooooooooo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice to have an update, keep doing what you gotta do.
Can't wait to have you back.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good to hear from you man and can't wait to have ya back at full capacity. Best of luck.

.loggie

Reaction score
I miss your articles man. Hope to have you back soon.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my nephew is going through similar training in Cuba with the Marines... too cool

vikesfan

Reaction score
AE!! Good to hear from you man. Good luck man and hope to have you back full time soon. Thanks for defending our freedom :)

Mr.Dj5

This is Mr.DJ_5
Reaction score
cool and too rough lol... and this guy is the real man

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and I hope you come back full time in the future.
Good Luck with everything.

.::MC::.

WeOutHearCuh
Reaction score
AE, you honestly can't imagine the amount of respect I have for you. Anyways, good luck with all of this, and I wish you nothing but the best.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Godo to hear from you AE. I know you've been noticing how the sixers have been doing.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice to hear about you AE. I wish you the best over there, and I hope you can come back soon. Would love to have you active again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%