5 keys to Knicks training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FIVE KEYS TO CAMP

* Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury finds himself in a point-guard battle with their prime addition, Chris Duhon and possibly in a battle with brass. Marbury won't be happy if he feels they're keeping him around an extra few weeks just to prevent him from signing with a conference rival. When Walsh was asked if that was a factor, the president said, "Not really. I know that's gotten publicized. I think I said that once. You hate to pay a guy money and then he's playing for another team for lesser money." Duhon is still trying to find the right chemistry with his teammates. D'Antoni feels Duhon fits better in facilitating his run-and-gun, but Marbury's down to a svelte 197 pounds.

* Overweight Eddy CurryEddy Curry has made a bad first impression with the new regime, putting his starting center duties in jeopardy. Curry is ultra secretive about his weight, but a source claims he came in over 300 pounds. Considering he knew he needed to be lighter to excel in D'Antoni's breakneck offense, Curry may be looking to get moved. "This isn't an easy style for a man as big as he is," Walsh said. "If he can get himself in that kind of condition - that may take him some time - he is a very good athlete for a big man."

* The bright spot of camp, and this season, could be second-year forward Wilson Chandler, brilliant during summer league and during recent informal scrimmages. Chandler has a real chance to make the starting lineup - either at small or power forward, if Zach Randolph isn't cutting it. Don't be shocked if D'Antoni's Knicks go smallball and start Chandler at power forward and David Lee at center. Isiah Thomas nailed Chandler at No. 23. "He could be a find," Walsh said. "He definitely can fit in this style."

* Danilo Gallinari's injured back may ruin his rookie year. Gallinari will miss all of Saratoga's practices and D'Antoni says he might not be 100 percent until late in preseason. With D'Antoni going with a nine-man rotation, Gallinari's chances of cracking it this season appear slim. Worse, Gallinari is showing signs he could be the Italian Jerome James.

* Allan Houston will try to catch lightning in a bottle. He can probably make the team but not the rotation, and D'Antoni isn't sure the fourth-leading scorer in Knicks history can handle that role. Walsh said Houston would be kept on in a front-office role if the tryout fails.

"There's really no reason not to try," D'Antoni said. "I have no idea if his body will hold up to two-a-days or one-a-days. He's one of the best shooters in the world. We'll see if we have a role for him."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09282008...oga_131042.htm

They really should have chose bayless

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indeed, as I support Bargnani, Belinelli, and I will support Gallinari.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here is an idea. Get an actual superstar, stop sucking, stop making bad decisions, and win games.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here is an idea. Get an actual superstar, stop sucking, stop making bad decisions, and win games.

Beacuse its that easy.

Its easy to criticize when your a spectator.

Ive been hollering Bayless since I knew he would drop. Now we have to put up with an injured Gallo? Ridiculous.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Knicks need a play maker who can distribute the ball, and neither Bayless or Danilo are that.. I really don't see how much of a great pick Bayless would have been. He really is not much of a point guard yet, he just chucks up a ton of shots.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He fits D'Antoni's run and gun style alot better then Gallo does.

He could be the "Barbosa" of our team, and we all know how important Barbosa was to the Suns while D'Antoni was there.

He wouldnt be our PG, but more of a combo guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%