2 Trades Being Discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York Daily News -
Desperate to give Dwyane Wade a long-distance shooter on the perimeter, where Miami misses Jason Kapono and James Posey, the Heat is looking at making a deal for Memphis' Mike Miller. With Alonzo Mourning suffering what figures to be a career-ending knee injury, the Heat might also try to expand the deal to include Stromile Swift.

Brian Windhorst/Beacon-Journal -
The Cavs have been in contact with the Philadelphia 76ers about point guard Andre Miller.

Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry and Miller were teammates with the Cavs in the 1999-2000 season and have a good relationship.

According to sources, new 76ers General Manager Ed Stefanski has hinted he is willing to trade Miller, perhaps packaged with another player, for expiring contracts and a draft pick. The 76ers are in position to have salary-cap space next summer and may want more. The Cavs have some expiring contracts, but would probably need to put together a multiplayer deal to acquire Miller.

Well I'm hopeing niether of these trades go down. I'd rather just only have one team as real competition, which is only Boston ;)

bulls12

Reaction score
man where's Chicago? they need a big guy that can score if they want to win some games...

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I still wouldn't be worried if the Heat got Miller and Swift. Cavs would be a lot better though if they got re-united with Miller.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mike Miller needs to stay in Memphis. He's a perfect fit there.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I really can't take the Heat seriously at all lol.

What a year it would be if the Heat and the Bulls didn't make the playoffs.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I dont see who the Heat would trade for either of those guys. So I doubt that happens.

As for the Cavs, they need to make that trade ASAP

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both teams will have a vary hard time making a trade like that.
But the Cavs do have a better chance at making it.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I'd love for the Heat to get Swift and Miller, but I don't know who they would give up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Umm another trade rumor.
Miami Herald -
The Houston Chronicle reported that the Rockets would have some interest in trading for Heat guard Jason Williams, who has been inconsistent this season but has an attractive expiring contract. Another was mentioned in The (New York) Daily News, which claimed the Heat and Grizzlies are discussing a deal that would bring Mike Miller to Miami and send either Williams or Ricky Davis to Memphis.

The Heat has a number of needs, which include point-guard depth, a long-range shooter and help in the post. Riley recently said he anticipated there would be plenty of misinformation affiliated with the Heat's interest.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
The Heat should trade Williams to the Rockets for Steve Francis or someone who can score...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just saw on realgm that niether of the trades look like they are going to happened so.

bulls12

Reaction score
Jason Williams possibly back in Memphis? Hmmm...

they could trade Jason Williams and Ricky Davis to the Grizzlies for Mike Miller and Stromile Swift.
possibly.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Memphis already has enough PG's I doubt he's going back

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Larry Hughes and the Cavs are having problems. One source said that Hughes would "definitely" be traded "way before" the trade deadline. maybe a hughes/andre miller swap on the horizon?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre Miller would probably be a good fit in Cleveland, but I also heard that they are shopping Hughes around to some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%